Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Jessica's Lifestyle Makeover Week 8

Jessica Skinny Minnie

Goal Weight: 140 by Oct 1
Weigh in Last Week: 159
Weigh in This Week: 157
Total Weight Loss This Week: 2
Total Weight Loss Since May 30th: 15

Can I just say how incredible she looks in stripes!  

Holy cow the weight continues to drop!  Slow and steady weight loss usually stays off.  Jessica is a perfect example of someone who just changed her eating habits and exercised.  Nothing drastic.  No cabbage soup diet.  No cayenne pepper lemon drink diet.  I've pretty much let Jessica figure out the last few weeks on her own and she has done well.  Jessica has got the hang of it and has yet to hit a plateau.  If she hits a plateau we'll switch things up a bit.  For now it is just calorie counting on www.livestrong.com & exercise.  

Only 17 pounds to go!

Now back to.....

THE
ABsolutely FABulous 
14 Day Challenge 

14 days worth of Ab Workouts, Healthy Habits & Positive Thinking

DAY 9

Ab Challenge:  Lie flat on your back with your legs out and your arms stretched out above your head (on the floor).  Come up in a quick move and touch your toes.  Blow out two times.  This is done in Bikram Yoga and I love it. 

Do 3 sets of 12.



Healthy Habit Challenge:  Eat something you've told yourself you don't like.  Maybe you'll like it this time.  I swore to my husband that I HATED beets.  He asked that I give them another try and I did.  Beets are not so bad.  I just had an image from when I was 12 that I hated beets.  Well guess what.  I'm no longer 12 and have changed my tastes quite a bit.....beets are good.

This also happened with goat cheese.  I actually didn't like it but kept giving it a try until I found one I liked.  Humbolt Blue Goat Cheese.....I love you.

Positive Thinking Challenge:  Send someone a care package (or card) in the mail.  Getting mail is fun and you know it.  Why mail makes my day I have no idea!!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, great job, Jessica! Now off to try the ab challenge...i don't see this going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow go her! she looks great. I like beets too. I ate them a lot in mexico, they would sell them shredded with carrots in like a rice vinegar marinade with ginger. soo good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Bikram yoga, and I love ab work. Since the abs are one of the most difficult parts of the body to exhaust, you can do a lot of them, which is perfect for me.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started exercising again and it feels really great! Your blog is one of my motivators, I have to say! ;) She looks so fantastic!!!

    Belly B :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had your post in my head tonight when I was at a salad bar, so I tried beets....for the record, nope. Still dislike them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you still use permission cheese? I love it on my spaghetti

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a shout out at Get Up & Go! I always respond to your questions, thoughts and suggestions.