Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hello 150's...Are you there? It's me....Jessica.

JESSICA'S WEIGH IN WEEK 7


Sisters


Goal Weight: 140 by Oct 1
Weigh in Last Week: 161
Weigh in This Week: 159
Total Weight Loss This Week: 2
Total Weight Loss Since May 30th: 13

Jessica was doing the happy dance this morning when she found out she entered the 150's!  She hasn't been there since high school and doesn't plan to go back.  Jess has had slow, steady and most importantly permanent weight loss.  Her 3 major keys to success this far:

1.  Eating 6 small meals a day & recording what she eats.....and I mean EVERYTHING.  Even the pizza and beer she had a few weeks ago.

2.  Investing at least an hour 6 days a week at the gym (this won't be the case forever but just until she reaches her goal).

3.  Only weighing herself once a week.  Getting on the scale daily can actually cause frustration.  You go up, you go down all depending on how much salt you've had, water you've drank and about a million other things.  Once a week is PLENTY!  And way more exciting.
She is pretty much doing this right now


Yipee

Now back to...... 






THE
ABsolutely FABulous 
14 Day Challenge 

14 days worth of Ab Workouts, Healthy Habits & Positive Thinking

DAY 6


I got a little help from Allison on the ab exercise for today:


Allison


Ab Challenge:   Scissor Kicks.  
Scissor Kicks




Healthy Habit Challenge:  Stretch for 10 minutes.  You can even do it while you watch TV.  I NEVER stretch and pay for it every time I go to yoga and the instructor tells me she can tell I never stretch.  I can't even touch my toes!




"Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana, sans-serif;">Positive Thinking Challenge:  Tell someone you love why you love them.  Even if you've already told them before.....it never gets old to the person receiving.  I love my my best friend Shana from ColorBlind.  She is someone who always tells me the truth, makes me laugh so hard my stomach hurts and sometimes finishes my sentences in a way that no one else can....so freaky....seriously....

Have an amazing day!


PS - I had to post this pic of my outfit I got for $6.99.  I was pretty proud of myself!  Had a blast finding it with my friend Susie who owns this cute shop called Black Eyed Susie's.  If you are ever in DC you have to check her store out.




Dress

9 comments:

  1. So proud of Jessica! And what great tips for being healthy.

    LOVE your dress and so glad you came by to say hi! Now I have a new blog to read :) .

    ReplyDelete
  2. uhm i love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink Sun Drops - Glad you are proud of her! I am too!

    Allison - You're I dumbledorf. I can say that because I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah! I forgot about scissor kicks!

    I love kitty in the corner!

    ;-) Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute dress and good for Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute dress, for $7? NICE! I agree, if you weigh yourself and you look at the number everyday it gets obsessive and at times it can get demoralizing. Women's weights are extremely in flux so 1x a week is a great suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wooohooo! :) love all the pictures on this page... and your dress, I wanna go to Black Eyed Susie's too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh and Lenny is such a creep hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a shout out at Get Up & Go! I always respond to your questions, thoughts and suggestions.