Don't Just Sit The Sidelines!
Haha....while Jessica & I were doing a training session at the local high school we ran into some high school seniors from the football team. They were laughing at us as we did sprints around the track and took pictures. They kept screaming and asking if we were taking pictures for Facebook. So we asked them to pose for a picture and they did.....what great sports they were!
Instead of sitting on the sidelines we created our own boot camp (day 2).
You know the term what goes up must come down? Well on day 2 we incorporated some hills.....long steep hills. Slow, steady and multiple hills. You can also do these inside on a treadmill (thinking about my Vegas people). Thankfully I live in a hilly neighborhood and can run about 6 or 7 hills in one run.
Jessica helped pose for the "must come down" part!
BOOT CAMP DAY 2: HILL WORKOUT
1. Warm Up: Jog/Walk for 5 minutes on incline 1.0 at speed 4.0.
2. Work: Either find a hill outside or on a treadmill go to incline 7.0 and run at speed 6.0 for 5 minutes.
3. Recovery: Walk at incline 1.0 at speed 4.0 for 3 minutes.
4. Repeat step 2 & 3 for 35 minutes.
5. Cool Down: Walk for 5 minutes
Why hills you ask? Hills burn fat, build muscle and make our legs look amazing!