Someone added "21's" to my strength routine in college. They rock my world. Enjoy!
Reasons why Bikram Yoga has made me a better athlete:
- The practice requires more focus than any sport I've played. My ability to focus has increased resulting in a higher performance when I'm running or cycling.
- My flexibility has greatly increased which has reduced my soreness after long runs and bike rides.
- I transitioned from lifting weights to Bikram Yoga. My strength is the best it's ever been. I used to make fun of people who used yoga as strength training. I am now one of those people....it works.
- My stress level has improved. 90 minutes of physical meditation helps you forget why you were even stressed....I feel like I can do anything after the class.
- Skin....whoa. This is one of the best benefits. My skin looks less tired and increasingly hydrated. I've had a few people ask me if I am wearing new make up....nope, just hot yoga.
I got this black ruffled skirt for $5 at a thrift store. It can also be worn as a strapless dress. Articles of clothing that can be worn in multiple way make me happy.