Sunday, April 3, 2011

Lessons Learned From A Lean Cuisine

When I was single I never bought food that was bad for you and kept it in my pantry.  I'm not saying I didn't eat bad food I just just didn't keep it in my house.  This worked for years until I met my husband and we lived together.  I had and still have a hard time staying out of the Jalapeno Cheetos & Oreo Cookies my husband buys at the grocery store.....

Imagine your house having the below items.  You can now see my dilemma!


WHEN HE GOES TO THE STORE






WHEN I GO TO THE STORE





















Even in this article below married people on average gain more weight over time than single people!  The odds are working against me......

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2007-10-22-marriage-weight_N.htm

Let me just say I have NO WILL POWER.  When I see that the serving size for peanut butter is 2 tablespoons and I measure it out I am completely disappointed and left hungry for more.  Oh and don't get me started on cereal serving sizes.  Who only eats a 1/2 cup of grape nuts?  Needless to say my downfall is portion control.  I want to eat 7 serving sizes of peanut butter not just 1.

Well my husband decided to go on a Lean Cuisine diet where all he ate was 1 Lean Cuisine for lunch, 1 for dinner and 3 snacks (apples, carrots, celery, hummus).  He lost 15 pounds in 2 months and taught himself how to eat the appropriate portion sizes.  He's actually been able to keep it off too while giving up Lean Cuisines.  Now I'm not saying this is the best way to go by any means.  Fresh foods are always better for you BUT.......retraining how to eat the correct portion size by switching to Lean Cuisines might not be such a bad idea.  I guess we'll see since I am giving it a go starting April 8th.

Secretly, I like Lean Cuisines.  Partly because I am a terrible cook and kind of lazy.  Here are my favorites if you want to give take the portion control challenge.  Plus the website is really cool and they have a rewards points program.  You gotta love free stuff!

For Spa Cuisine (no preservatives) I like:



    

For Cafe Creations like:


    


For Market Creations I like (these are brand new):




For Casual Cuisine I like:

  

More to come in a few weeks.  There is always the chance that I ditch portion control for some chocolate.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a shout out at Get Up & Go! I always respond to your questions, thoughts and suggestions.