Tuesday, April 26, 2011

When I Dip, You Dip, We Dip

Ok, so in my very first blog post (Perky Tatas + Sleek Arms = 22 Again) I talk about how I do push ups before bed.  I'm glad to report I am up to 15 real pushups and have been going for 5 months strong.  Woo hoo!  While that's great and all what about my under arms (or more officially known as triceps)?  One of my favorite group fitness instructors refers to our bicep exercises as "the boys" and our tricep exercises as "the girls" which I find very entertaining as she kicks my behind during class.  Anyways the goal of doing push ups every night is to keep my upper body toned.  Forgetting to do the opposing muscle group could lead to this:


Is there an official name for this?  Whatever it is it terrifies me!
 What I find interesting is that her bicep seems to be pretty strong looking.  Did she forget about her triceps?


My solution:  Adding 30 tricep dips to my 15 push ups every night.  It should only take 3 additional minutes and I don't even need a fancy machine or gym to do these.  Just find a chair, stair or coffee table.  I did this for the first time last night and I am sore, sore, SORE!

Here is me giving tricep dips a go using stairs.  

Now lower.

If regular tricep dips are too easy for you add weight (or a beagle).  My animals like to participate in the fun, 



1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a shout out at Get Up & Go! I always respond to your questions, thoughts and suggestions.