Sunday, May 29, 2011

Happy Memorial Day Weekend. Drink Responsibly!

Memorial Day weekend really kicks off summer, swimsuits & BBQ's with friends.  I love that the sun is out and that my weekend always includes a dip at the pool.  One of my major downfalls is eating too much potato salad, ice cold beer and 800 calories margaritas.  I swear they call my name.  It isn't easy.  One thing that really helps me keep my cravings at bay is proper beer selection and eating a snack before I head to a BBQ.  You have no idea how much it helps to have a huge glass of water and a snack high in protein before going to live it up BBQ style.  

Best Pre BBQ Snacks:
Low fat yogurt
Tuna salad on crackers
Peanut butter on an apple
Half turkey sandwich on wheat bread

Best Beer Choices if You're Having More than 1:
If you are disciplined enough to only have 1 go big and have your favorite brew.  Cold Beer + Hot Summer Day = Greatness

Michelob Ultra (Lime Cactus, Pomegranate Raspberry & Tuscan Orange) Only 107 calories per beer with 6 carbs.
Michelob ULTRA Pomegranate Raspberry, Lime Cactus and Tuscan Orange Grapefruit Pilsners

Miller Genuine Draft 64: 64 Calories hence the name


Beck's Premier Light: 64 Calories

Pearl Light:  68 Calories

Blatz Light Beer: 85 Calories


Aspen Edge:  94 Calories



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a shout out at Get Up & Go! I always respond to your questions, thoughts and suggestions.