Sunday, May 1, 2011

Exercise Your Body & Brain. Play Tourist In Your Town.

It never hurts to exercise your brain and body at the same time!  On Saturday we had a big family gathering   which was so much fun but I made the mistake of eating one too many pieces of pie (where are my stretchy pants?).  It was one of those family gatherings where you eat more than you planned and are happy at the time of consumption but have a bit of eaters remorse the next day.  Thankfully on Sunday I taught spinning in the morning so I was able to burn off at least 1 piece of pie.  To burn off the second piece of pie my family decided to go down to Washington DC and play tourist.  We walked for a couple of hours and not only burned of piece of pie #2 but also learned a little about history and the wonderful city we live near.  



LESSON LEARNED:  
Eat the 2nd piece of pie, don't feel guilty and just make up for it the next day by doing something fun like getting to know your own city.

We walked the tidal basin and visited the Jefferson Memorial.

We can't forget about the woman behind the man Eleanor Roosevelt.

Walking + Learning = A Perfect Day

Clearly playing tourist can be exhausting.


1 comment:

  1. I love it! Eat the pie and play tourist...sounds like a win-win to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a shout out at Get Up & Go! I always respond to your questions, thoughts and suggestions.