Monday, March 14, 2011

The Ultimate Dilemma: Watch American Idol or Go To The Gym?

The answer........BOTH!

I often set big goals at the beginning of my day with the intention of checking everything off my to do list.  But sometimes I just can't muster up the energy to get my butt to the gym.  This is when I implement something called Random Sporadic Exercise.  This concept is essential when you want to find your get up and go but also indulge in some American Idol with a side of crazy Steven Tyler.  What is Random Sporadic Exercise you ask?  Let me explain.........

What do donkey kicks, rockstar hair flip, herkie pikes, planks and wall sits all have in common?  They are the foundation to Random Sporadic Exercise!

Not only are these fun to do during American Idol commercial breaks they also burn calories without leaving the comfort of your living room.  The moral of the story is not to feel guilty for eating that extra piece of chocolate cake someone left in the office breakroom.  Or for having mozzarella sticks with a friend at happy hour then proceeding to skip the gym.  Just participate in a little Random Sporadic Exercise and everything will be alright.

Please feel free to suggest your best calorie burning Random Sporadic Exercise moves.  Below are a few examples for you to start off with.  Big fat cat not needed to do these exercises.

Herkie - Doing this for 3 entire commercial break burns one glass of red wine!  


Rockstar Head Flip - This is a one commercial type activity because you can get a little dizzy. 




Simple Wall Sits -  If you can do a wall sit for a full commercial break than you are well on your way to the best quads in town.  For more of a challenge use weight.  I use my cat sometimes and he weighs which is some serious weight (18 lbs)!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a shout out at Get Up & Go! I always respond to your questions, thoughts and suggestions.